Saturday, September 5, 2009

4:44am! I always thought, for whatever reason, that seeing a number like that (or 3:33am/pm, or 11:11am/pm, etc.) was good luck, and I always made a wish....not that I did just now. Kind of random, to be honest.

In any case, another morning has begun. I never really explained about the name of this blog. Originally, it was called 'Tales of the Golden Droid', which is the name of this...well, I don't really know what you'd call this, but it's a box that has C-3P0's face on it, and it says 'Tales...' underneath. I changed it to The Matarese Circle because that's my favourite book! Authored by Robert Ludlum, I think it's the most entertaining novel that deals with spies. I hear they're making it into a movie, with Denzel Washington attached to play Brandon Scofield. I don't mind this, even though Scofield isn't black, in the novel. Denzel Washington is a quality actor, and probably one of my more favourites, so...he'll do the role justice, I think.

But, going back to books...those are one of the groups of things in the world that gives me great pleasure. I've been reading since the age of 2 and a half, and I love it. If I couldn't read, I think a part of me (if not myself entirely) would just die. In any case, I've read many, many books over the course of my life, and my room is like a private library. It strikes me that while no one will read this blog, it'd be a fun pasttime to review novels....which I do anyway, just not in 'public'. I used brackets there, because really, while this will be in public, like I said, no one is going to read this. It'll be for my benefit, and mine alone...or any friends who may visit this site, however unlikely. Therefore, I think the new use of this blog will be to review books, and the occasional video game, if I have the inclination (which, seeing as how I also love video games, I most definitely will have said inclination) to do so.

It's only fitting that we start with none other than 'The Matarese Circle', and so the next blog post shall concern that. Scofield and Taleniekov ftw!

No comments:

Post a Comment