Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Pro Bowl!

wow, so I completely forgot there was a blog attached to this account. I guess that shows how much I actually care, hehe. Considering the last post was in September of 2009, I suppose that the level of caring would pretty much equal zero.

Anyway, for the one or two readers who DO frequent upon this site by pure chance, a blog you should visit is: http://mteoblog.blogspot.com. That site is actually the reason I ended up back on my OWN blog, if only because the author of that other site is a friend of mine, so I logged on to follow him...and voila, The Matarese Circle still exists. How weird.

Regardless, I figured I should make a post or SOMEthing. At the time of posting, the 2011 NFL Pro Bowl is being played in Honolulu, Hawaii; the Pro Bowl is the NFL (National Football League)'s annual All-Star game, where the best of the best play on one of two teams, arranged by conference. I normally pull for the AFC, if only because the Patriots (my favourite team) are part of the AFC, and they have quite a few Pro Bowlers this year...and of course, the one year I sit down to watch the whole thing, the AFC gets slapped up so badly that it's 42-0 before half-time. That is legitimately awful. The one saving grace is that Tom Brady isn't part of this debacle, but then again, its not as if the Pro Bowl was ever a truly serious thing. They have a rule that doesn't even allow you to blitz defensive players! That's the most useless thing ever, and you also have to play a 4-3 defensive set...which is also useless, considering that Bill Belichick is the AFC coach, but he loves to blitz AND uses a 3-4 defensive set. So basically, the AFC is getting curb-stomped. Ah well.

To move on to next week, the Packers and Steelers are playing in Arlington, Texas for Super Bowl XLV. 45, I think? Anyway, it should be a good game. I'm happy the Jets (jest lol) didn't win, I just can't stand Rex Ryan. He now has time to get a GODDAMN SNACK! (best flash game ever: http://www.kongregate.com/games/Tauntr/goddamn-snack-time-with-rex-ryan) For the first time ever, my Super Bowl prediction was right! I mean, I did say that the Steelers would be the no. 6 seed with the Packers being the no. 1 seed in their respective conferences, which was pretty much completely untrue, but ah well, I still claim victory!

But, woo, sports. I intended this to be a blog about books and what not, so I guess I completely failed at that. I suppose I can still occasionally review books, as I have read some pretty good ones as of late, so...I guess we'll see. Back to watching the Pro Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment