Sunday, April 10, 2011

baby, it's cold outside

Is it? Is it REALLY? No, not any more! I feel as if I'm jinxing the nice weather merely by talking about it, but...ah well. A fair amount of things have happened since I've last updated my blog, soooooo, I guess this will be a long post, unless I avoid my usual amount of hyperbole...which probably won't happen.

Anyway, first things first. Class is over for the summer, and New Leader Day (a day where all the new leaders, go figure, go to Vic and learn a bunch of workshop things. I don't think it's particularly very useful, as a lot of work is hands on when you're a leader, but it's fun hanging out with friends/people you'll work with next year, who will ALSO become friends) is also done. I have exams on the 18th, 19th and 27th; after that, I'm essentially done. I'm kind of taking a few days off before I go on a studying binge; my brain needs to relax, and my body needs to stop being so stressed out (hey, I learned about that at New Leader Day! Guess it wasn't so useless....no, wait, yes it is. Just kidding!), so I decided to just chill for a bit.

So what have I done since then? Nothing, really, which is nice. The night of New Leader Day, I got home, talked to my friends in Scarlem, and we proceeded to stay up until 4am playing video games. We play NBA 2K9, and we all made players in the NBA, and made them go to the same team (the Raptors, obviously). Because they're human controlled (oh, and we made them A) super tall [my guy is 6'7, my friend's guy is 7'4, and my OTHER friend's guy is 7'6], B) crazy athletic [all of our guys can dunk by just jumping up, vertically, instead of taking a running start, like real humans], and C) super accurate [they have a 99 rating, the highest, in everything from shooting to dunking to passing to dribbling]), we're scoring like crazy. For some perspective, Kevin Durant (in real life), averages 27.8 pts a night, according to NBA.com. Also, Steve Nash (a Canadian!) leads the NBA in assists per game, with 11.8, again according to NBA.com. In the video game now, my character and the 7'4 character both average over 35 pts a game, and the 7'6 character averages over 20 assists a game. We are, literally, better than the best players in the world...and our guys are 21, 20 and 19, respectively. As a result, Toronto is the best team in the NBA, and we're GOING to win the championship. Unfortunately, this is virtual reality, rather than actual reality...how I wish it were the opposite.

But, to continue onwards, I dropped them home, and then played Halo: Reach until it was light out...and got a bunch of challenges. I'm trying to get my character in THAT game up to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel (or Lt. Col), and I have about 34,000 more credits to go before I rank up...that's about 6.7 days in terms of going solely by challenges. I'd explain what that means, but only one reader of the blog would even be interested, and he already knows what I mean, soooo, going to move on.

Glee! I have to admit, I've been sucked into listening to its music. I'm kind of reluctant to get into the show, if only because I can see myself wasting even MORE time on my computer if I do. I've so far contented myself to watching the first few episodes, as well as looking at all the songs that are currently on YouTube. I have a few favourites: Baby, It's Cold Outside (Dean Martin covers are always awesome, if done correctly, such as this one is); Hey, Soul Sister; Teenage Dream; Bills Bills Bills (I've never actually heard this last song before now)...wait a second, the two main guys in ALL of these songs are the same! I have to admit, they're pretty fantastic, though I'm mainly referring to the guy who sings the main part in Teenage Dream. He's a pretty awesome singer (although the other dude, the guy who he sings to in the Dean Martin cover, kind of creeps me out...I dunno, he freaks me out for some reason). I wouldn't feel right if I mentioned Glee and did not mention the character Brittany; I do not watch the show, and probably will try not to, if only to not waste time like I mentioned before...but, after watching a bunch of videos on 'How to Dougie', I saw this blonde girl as part of the teaching...and I have to admit, she is smoking hot. Of all the women on Glee, she is definitely the most attractive. Yes, I have a slight bias towards blonde-haired girls (I think they're, for the most part, attractive! Sue me.), but good god this girl is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Ahem. Today wasn't really that eventful either; I played some basketball, some more video games, and that was really it. I helped my mom with some stuff (her and my dad, as of this Wednesday, will have been married for 25 years; she wants me to help her with some stuff for the Wednesday, like setting up a bunch of things. w00t!), and I helped my bro and sis with stuff as well. What does tomorrow hold? Probably a bunch of more nothing, really...I offered to edit a few friends' essays, so, I'll do that, I guess.

Well, this is an anti-climactic end to the post. [edited for content] Huzzah!

1 comment:

  1. " OH, right; the girl who I have been pondering asking out for a while said 'yes, I'd love to see it!', when I asked if she would care to see 'The Adjustment Bureau' with me....so, that's a good ending, right? "

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Why did you not text me immediately once this happened?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete