Monday, May 16, 2011

being the bad guy (or girl)

First of all, this is probably one of my sillier posts, but whatever...who doesn't like to let their imagination run wild sometimes?

Buuuuut yeah. I said this in an earlier post, but man…I love the bad guys. I can’t say being the ‘bad guy’ or ‘bad boy’ in real life is appealing, and indeed, I try to live my life by being a generally nice person. Yeah, I make fun of you guys a lot, but I am confident when I think that most (if not all of you) know that I love to kid and joke around. Having said that, I feel as if I was suddenly approached one day out of the blue, and given a role in a huge movie (because that happens, right? =P), I would want the role of the bad guy. Bad guys like the bad guy in ‘Schindler’s List’, okay…maybe not him, though Ralph Fiennes did an absolutely fantastic job at portraying the monstrous Nazi officer. But, someone more…silly/sympathetic as a bad guy, and I think I would love to do something like that. It’s weird, though, I can’t think of a villainous role like that in recent memory that takes itself less seriously. Would Loki from ‘Thor’ be that? Probably not. Maybe a villain of a lighter movie, like Christopher Walken in pretty much anything (like ‘The Rundown’, with Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson) or someone like Sean Bean in Goldeneye. He’s still pretty darn evil in that movie, Sean Bean, but it’s more of a lighter evil than Ralph Fiennes in ‘Schindler’s List’. I think you guys know what I mean…even Alan Cummings as Floop from ‘Spy Kids’ would maybe fit this role the best, hehe.

In truth, I would probably not be the main bad guy. I’d be more of a henchman, like the crazy gun-toting outlaw who is Russell Crowe’s second-in-command, in ‘3:10 to Yuma’, or someone like Idris Elba’s character from the TV show ‘The Wire’. I love the movie/tv villains, I really do, they’re just too awesome. I feel, though, if we were all transported into a realm of movies (let’s say an action movie), I actually think we’d fulfill certain roles quite well within the movie-verse. Let’s say, for discussion’s sake, the people who were transported into this alternate dimension were myself, Matteo, Carrie, Jen, Ruta, Rebecca, Ashley, Christianne, and…well, I was going to keep going, but let’s cut it off there.

I’d like to say, also, that the first 20 seconds of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kpfGGmCJzA) song would be my theme song. It would be great.

Anyway, to continue on. I think first we’d have to be divided into the protagonists and antagonists of the movie…with eight people, it CAN be even, but whatever. The protagonists, I think, would be Jen, Ruta, Rebecca, Christianne and Ashley. They would definitely fulfill their own mini roles within the protagonist group…but more on that in a bit. Obviously, the others would be the bad guys, meaning myself, Matteo and Carrie. I’m not saying you guys are horrible people, I just think you would be good at being bad. Especially Matteo and Carrie…woooooo!

The group of protagonists, though. There's the leader, the 'second-in-command', and then the other people. If it were an action movie, and we were all in the military or something (like a sweet special ops squad where everyone is talented in one specific area), it'd be the general leader (who is like a 'jack of all trades, master of none' type person), the sniper, the demolitions expert, the hand-to-hand combat expert, and the communications expert. It'd be Jen as the communications person, Christianne as the sniper, Rebecca as the demolitions expert, Ruta as the hand-to-hand person, and Ashley as the leader person. I also just realized that this squad would be made completely of women; that's not a bad thing in any way, but it KIND of ties into the next post I have semi-written, which I hope to finish soon.

BUT, now for the group of antagonists. If it were the type of movie where a special ops squad was called in to save the day, the antagonists could be pretty varied, I think. I DO think in this case, it'd have to be a Bond villain type character, where the mastermind is all evil and makes evil remarks every five seconds, and has a cat to stroke while sitting in a swivel chair, and all that good stuff. Any good evil mastermind has one or two chief henchmen, who (usually) get their own personalities...I think that Matteo and I would be good henchmen (you know, the type who constantly plan to eventually overthrow their boss, but in the meantime follows orders dutifully), which means that Carrie would have to be the evil mastermind. She's already pretty evil (likes 'Little Miss Sunshine', knits, enjoys equity....you know, the staples of an evil, evil person =P), so no problem here.

I am reminded of several instances. First of all, I am reminded of the Robot Mafia, from Futurama. They're awesome, and you should all look them up on wikipedia, where their article can be found. I am also reminded of the movie 'Flushed Away'. It's actually one of my more favourite newer animated movies, and has a pretty large (and star-studded) cast of voice actors. It essentially follows the adventures of a house mouse from uptown London, who is flushed accidentally down the toilet to the sewers below...where he discovers a massive town of mice and other creatures. He eventually also discovers a diabolical plot for the toad crime lord to destroy the mouse city, and hilarious things ensue. The toad crime lord has two chief henchmen, a huge, soft-spoken muscular albino lab rat, and a skinny, verbally abusive unlucky mouse. It's funny, the first one is voiced by Bill Nighy, who plays Davy Jones in the 2nd Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and who is also in 'Love, Actually' as the aging rock star dude...and the second one is voiced by Andy Serkis, none other than Gollum himself. They have some pretty hilarious dialogue/moments between them, and they're some of my favourite characters in the movie, which as a whole is pretty good, as far as animated films go. I will leave it to you guys to determine which roles you think Matteo and myself would fulfill =P

There you have it. A crack team of specially-trained soldiers attempt to take down a dangerously powerful crime lord, backed by her two unique henchmen. That would make for a pretty sweet movie...well, *I'd* watch it, at least. Would you?

5 comments:

  1. Ahahahahaha!

    This is a hilarious post. But... why am I the evil mastermind??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no REAL reason...other than I think it would be hilariously awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Carrie would have to be the evil mastermind. She's already pretty evil (likes 'Little Miss Sunshine', knits, enjoys equity....you know, the staples of an evil, evil person =P), so no problem here."

    LOL omg Carrie you are SOOOOOO evil

    ReplyDelete
  4. whaaaat evil/morally grey characters are my FAVOURITE (hi, Draco Malfoy = the shit).

    I can only accept your nomination if I'm the type of slightly megalomaniac leader with a shady past that makes questionable decisions in the name of the ~greater good~.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nah, you'd be the normal heroic leader who will either die in the line of fire, or sacrifice one of your squadmates to get the job done.

    ReplyDelete