Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

wooo madness! University really is crazy. What with intramurals, student government (and all the drama that comes with THAT), friends, family...it's crazy. Anyway, I was just surfing the internet in the VUSAC (Victoria University Student Administrative Council) office, and I decided to change the background of my account on the office computer to one of my favourite people...Tom Brady. Yes, this is a post about TOM BRADY. Prepare to be blown away.



...wait, I don't know that much about him. I mean, he IS fantastically handsome...? I feel as if there are only a few people (read: celebrities) in the world who I would absolutely love to meet, and he's probably one of them. I mean, the list isn't really that long, kind of like 1) Tom Brady 2) Harrison Ford 3) Brendan Fraser 4)...well, I don't really know who I'd put at four, but those first three are pretty cool. What is Brendan Fraser doing in the company of such distinguished men, you may ask? Well, hell if I know, but he's so awesome, I'd love to meet him.

Anyway, Tom Brady. Three-time Super Bowl champion, including a repeat when he beat both the Carolina Panthers and Philadelphia Eagles in back-to-back years (well, when the New England Patriots beat them in back-to-back years, football is a team sport, I can admit that), one of the most clutch quarterbacks of all time, has a perfect regular season (oh how I wish I could just say 'perfect season'), 50 TD season and most attempts without an INT as records under his championship-laden belt. As of late, though, the Patriots haven't been as good as they have been in the past, although the problems have nothing to do with Mr. Brady; it's the defense. Bill Belichick, the Patriots' head coach, while he is a defensive mastermind, he can't do much with players who just...aren't as good as he's used to having in the past. It's like playing a game of chess where all the pieces you start with are pawns with a single bishop and a single knight thrown in there for good measure. You're not going to get anywhere too fast with THOSE pieces, I'll tell you that much. Having said that, though, the Patriots still went 14-2 this season (out of a 16 game season), which is pretty good. With a ton of picks in the upcoming draft, the Pats look to upgrade their defense even more...considering this season was supposed to be a 'rebuilding' season, well, I have some high hopes for the next few years, as I'm sure most Patriots fans do.

Tom Brady, meanwhile, will probably collect his second MVP award in a few days, after having posted a season where he had exactly 3900 yds passing, and led the NFL in TDs (36), fewest interceptions (4) and highest QB rating (111.0). With the departure of Randy Moss, Brady and Belichick basically completely changed the offensive sets used; no longer did Brady have a weapon that could stretch the field as Moss could (and frequently did)...heck, he didn't even have a weapon that could stretch the field even half that. Wes Welker did what he could, which was a lot, but even for him, coming off a reconstructive knee surgery...well, the Patriots were lacking at receiver. They went out and got an old friend, Deion Branch, but still, if the Patriots get Tom Brady another toy to play with on the field, then I'm certain a Super Bowl ring or two await them in the near future (although defensive toys are good too!).

Apart from all the amazing football things Tom Terrific has done, he's also a ridiculously famous celebrity. It's weird, the guy was a backup his entire career, for the Michigan Wolverines, the no. 3 QB for the Patriots (drafted 199th overall, not good by any standards), and through perseverance and hard work, has now become a household name in the world of sports. As a result, he dates supermodels, has hosted SNL and even makes appearances on Entourage. I guess that's the life of a superstar. Did I mention he just signed a 4-yr contract extension for $72 million dollars? No? Well, I guess it is easy to overlook such a fact....=P

2 comments:

  1. "student government (and all the drama that comes with THAT)"

    - I lol'd.

    ReplyDelete