Thursday, March 31, 2011

legalización

So, last night, my good friend and I were just talking, and he said out loud 'we should start a band', half jokingly. Christianne happened to also be there, and she looked at him, and said 'huh? what can YOU play?' That doesn't really have any bearing on the story, it was just funny to hear her say that to him, considering he looked somewhat outraged that she thought that he had no musical talent. ANYWAY. We kidded around for a bit about the band, and then decided that our band would be a ska band! Ska sounds like this: (Take on Me, by Reel Big Fish), in terms of when it is done by a Caucasian band, according to my other friend, hehe. Anyway, I rather like that song, even though it's a cover, and I also like this one, where I got the name of the blog post from.

I recently got my VUSAC letter, the one we wrote to ourselves this year, at the last VUSAC meeting, andddd I have to say, I'm proud of my predictions (I don't find it a useful exercise, so I just make sports predictions in mine, hehe), since at least ONE of them was correct! I predicted that the Steelers and Packers would make the Super Bowl, with the Packers winning...and they DID! I did think that the Packers would be the no.1 seed, with the Steelers barely making it into the playoffs...and actually, the Packers barely squeaked into the playoffs with the Steelers owning the no. 2 seed in the AFC. Whatever, though, I was still right overall. I also said that San Jose and Pittsburgh for the NHL would be in the Cup Final (although now I think that it'll end up being something like Vancouver and Boston), and I also said Los Angeles Lakers and Miami Heat for the NBA Finals...and you know what, I'm going to stick with that one.

[edited, once again, for content lolol]

Anyway. I kind of touched on this next subject in the last post, but not really in depth...which is to say, I've never really spoken about my friends! Yes, a lot of them (you?) read this blog, so I feel a little self-conscious about updating it in this way, but what the hell do I care. It's not as if I'm saying anything bad...OR AM I? ....nahhhh.

But, I will say this: I have pretty much the best set of friends in the world. I can probably say I have about seven friends who I consider to be people I hang out with all the time, who I tell pretty much everything. I have a lot of people I consider to be my friends, to tell the truth, but there are very few people who know as much about me as these seven people. I think that essentially, if you're allowed to read this blog, then you're probably one of these seven people, hehe. I mean, there are some exceptions, as this site requires you to have a Gmail account or something like that in order to read the posts, and of course not everyone has such an account.[though that's now changed!]

Still, though. I have some awesome friends. I make fun of them a lot, and I definitely give them a super hard time with essentially everything they do, from class to guys to things they say and do...and I will admit, I push the envelope a lot. I definitely go out of my way to annoy them sometimes, but even if I never say it, I don't MEAN to make people annoyed on purpose...I try not to be intentionally mean, especially to these guys who I care for so much. Speaking of guys, of those seven people, I can't really say there is much male representation. I would probably just say one of those seven people is a guy, the same dude who I had the ska band conversation with (hehehe, it still makes me laugh), but otherwise, all girls. It's funny, I look at my bbm/text messaging list, and outside of him, I think I only talk to girls. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing...but, whatever, I still treasure my friends more than pretty much anything else.

Note: I'm not counting my Scarlem friends here, as they're a separate group, in my opinion. Those guys, though, I've known for literally my entire life, so that's a different thing. However, I've met hundreds of people since enrolling in UofT, and I can say with complete honesty that those seven people (a lot of whom I'm going to be working with this summer, and hopefully next year as MALs/Commissioners on VUSAC) are probably some of my best friends in the entire world. w00t!

No comments:

Post a Comment