Thursday, March 3, 2011

the weather outside is frightful.

There's no fire, nothing that is delightful. Wow, that sounded bleak. There ARE delightful things; the Leafs winning in OT at home against the Penguins, getting home after a long and cold day, lying in bed after a day of midterms despite knowing that there's so much still on the horizon. It WAS super cold today, though, settling at a nice -11 degrees Celsius for most of the day. It's weird, it's super sunny outside, not a cloud in the sky, and it's been like that for a few days...except it's windy as all hell, and so you feel chilled to the bone whenever you step outside. Walking to and from classes is actually a super daunting prospect. I think today was so much worse, because I got food poisoning; MILD food poisoning, to be sure, as normal FP actually puts you in the hospital...the symptoms are not nice. Regardless, vomiting, stomach cramps, and a bunch of other nasty ailments plagued me today, so suffice to say I'm never going back to Gourmet Burger....ever.

I mean, really, I don't need additional problems to plague me at a time like this. Let's look ahead, shall we?

March 3rd - Leader Appreciation!
March 4th - Highball
March 5th - VUSAC Meeting
March 7th - Election Nomination Packages are released
March 8th - Take Home Exam due for MUS330H1/VCDS Meeting
March 9th - Mom's birthday!
March 10th - Environmental Week Fashion Show rehearsal/VCDS Show Opening Night
March 11th - VUSAC Meeting/Environmental Week Fashion Show, for which I am doing a crazy dance AND MC'ing/VCDS Show Midnight Showing
March 12th - Orientation Exec interviews/VCDS Show Closing Night + Load Out
March 15th - Final paper due for POL203Y1
March 16th - Final paper due for MUS335H1
March 18th - VUSAC Meeting

Somewhere in this mess, the VUSAC elections themselves need to be fit, as the dates are a bit fluid. Still, I need to be able to campaign for a week AND attend more meetings...ugh. I also am sitting on the Finance Chair Selection Committee, which needs to finalize dates for interviews, and am apparently also MC'ing the Vic Variety Show. I need to learn to say no, haha.

After this, I get somewhat of a break, thank GOD. March 31st holds one more thing - Final paper due for ENG353Y1. But, soon come exams....

April 5th - Final paper due for MUS330H1
April 18th - Final exam for MUS330H1 (2-4PM)/Final exam for POL203Y1 (7-9PM)
April 27th - Final exam for ENG353Y1

After that, I am mercifully done. But, April 27th is such a long way from now...heck, March 18th is a long way from now, and if I didn't need any MORE gray hairs (I got my hair cut recently, and the barber discovered more gray hairs than ever. I am actually turning gray with stress...not good, haha), I'm going to get them regardless.

It's fine, I guess. If you read this blog, chances are you're one of my friends, and so your upcoming March and April are equally if not MORE busy than mine, so I understand if you scoff at my pity party that this blog post is. Regardless, this work will kill me, and so I definitely do NOT need food poisoning to derail me NOW. After April 27th (or between March 18th and 31st, save the date I make my speech for the VUSAC elections), I don't mind passing out into a stupor of whatever, but my goodness, I hope it's not before then, otherwise my life is over.

Anyway, that's it for now. My stomach still really hurts, and with all the craziness that is happening surrounding UTSU and VUSAC, my next blog post will concern that. I think I'll wait until after this Saturday to make a post on it, just to see if all the craziness I think (I hope!) will happen actually DOES happen...so...w00t!

No comments:

Post a Comment